Sunday, July 19, 2009

BREAK OUT IN SONG: "Consider Yourself" (Spontaneous Public Art Project, The Times Square Performance)
















At around 1 PM today, I caught a public art performance called "Consider Yourself" in front of the Marquis Theatre in Times Square. This is part of a series of public arts project called BREAK OUT IN SONG. Professional and amateur dancers dressed as regular people performed spontaneous-style musical theater to the surprise and delight of unsuspecting audiences (although many others and I were aware of it). The previous performances were at the Time Warner Center ("If My Friends Could See Me Now"), South Street Seaport ("Don't Rain On My Parade"), and at the Intrepid Flight Deck (("Anything Goes"). The project was conceived by RYAN MACKEY "let that song out of people's hearts" and to bring a little bit of musical theater to tourists and locals alike.




2 comments:

The Whiz Kid Forte said...

I am absolutely amazed by these clips, as I have had my fill, always flowing in life's infinity, of seeing musical theater as a child. Hey, I even saw a full Broadway musical (Beauty and the Beast, because I'm an avid Disneyphile) as a child growing up in my native North Jersey (I now live near Tampa, FL), near NYC!

My blog featuring it can be found here:
http://talfonso.blogatize.net/what%e2%80%99s-in-a-spontaneous-musical-ii-number-attack

Please comment on what you think!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.