Sunday, March 3, 2013

11th Annual Orchid Show Opens at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx

Yesterday, the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx opened its doors to the 11th annual Orchid Show. Thousands of brilliantly colored orchids in various forms are on display throughout the galleries of the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. This show is considered the largest exhibition of its kind in the United States. In this year's show, trees from the NYBG's grounds that were damaged by Hurricane Sandy are incorporated in the display. In addition to the orchid show, there are talks, classes, demonstrations, music and even Orchid Evenings at the New York Botanical Garden. The Orchid Show runs through April 22.

3 comments:

Alice said...

nice job.
I miss the Boston Flower show, I used to go every year since it always landed on my Birthday.
For some reason Detroit is not known for any kind of flower shows!

Noel Y. C. said...

Thanks, Alice.

Anonymous said...

Orchids are stunning flowers - I cannot help to get my own camera out when I see them. Thanks for showing me round the show Noel - brilliant pics and just the right amount of info as always! JanUK